Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pictures to Inspire You!

I don't have a how-to because the techniques I used on these pieces, I have already blogged about.  I wanted to post them to inspire my fellow crafty people on what you can do to completely change a piece of furniture.

The first piece was an oak curio cabinet that was missing its glass in the front.


I used a linen color milk paint and painted the outside.  The paint chipped off like I wanted which gave it a very shabby chic look.  I dry brushed some dark linen colored chalk paint over the off white color to give it an extra dimension.  I painted the inside of the cabinet a light blue and dry brushed the dark linen color over that also.  I added some silver embossed tin to the top window and some silver chicken wire to the bottom.  This is the end result.  It can be used for bathroom storage, clothes and shoe storage or anything that needs a cute display.




The second piece I have done a post on before was a two chair bench seat.  I added a board on the bottom this time so I could put baskets underneath.  I used milk paint again to get a distressed look, and I finished it with polyurathane so it has a hard finish.  I upholstered it with a linen material and added black nail-heads to give it an extra detail.






The bench seat is for sale. Please email me at davewhit4@gmail.com if you are interested.






No comments:

Post a Comment