Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sometimes We Just Refinish!

In our picking adventures  my husband and I sometimes find lovely furniture and lovely people.  In my search for chairs, we found a very nice man who had whole storage rooms full of furniture just waiting to be taken to a good home.  We had a great time talking to him about restoring furniture and we bought four chairs, a small table, an antique school desk, chair legs, and two wooden frames.  I was excited to take these great finds home and start working.  We started with a table and chair that just needed some sanding and staining.


My husband worked on putting the small table and chair back together.  This is the chair un-sanded and ready for  re-finishing.


We hand sanded the chair and the bottom part of the table with 60 grit sandpaper.  We power sanded the table top.  

 Dave made a new wooden seat for the chair, and stained the chair and table with dark wood stain.  After the stain was dry, he polyurethaned the table and chair with a satin poly.  



I covered the wooden seat with batting and secured the batting with a staple gun.  I then covered the seat in fabric and stapled that into place.  Dave attached the newly upholstered seat onto the chair and we had a beautiful table and chair set.



For interest in these pieces or in having some of your own furniture re-done, email us at davewhit4@gmail.com.  Check back later to see what I did with the rest of the furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment