Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Custom Job!!

We were contacted by a local wedding business called Lucky in Love ( www.luckyinlovesa.com) about our furniture.  I was excited I was getting our name out there and she was excited to get something new for her inventory.  We had purchased a vanity at the same time as the dresser (see chalk paint post) and she wanted a distressed off-white look.


I started by removing the mirror and sanding the whole thing with 80 grain sandpaper.


We took out all the drawers, and put the vanity on a tarp inside.  We spray painted the vanity an antique white color with our Wagner paint sprayer .  We also sprayed the drawers separately.  These are pictures of the first coat.  Some of the stains came through so we had to sand those areas down well.


We waited for it to dry and I painted the vanity and drawers with a second coat.

I covered the mirror with paper (poster board would have been better) before I painted it.  I used a paint brush to paint the mirror.

I distressed the edges and wooden ornaments with 120 grain sand paper.

We Polyurethaned the whole vanity for a durable finish.



I loved how this dresser looked at the end, and I hope it is a great addition to the Lucky in Love San Antonio business.

For any interest in pieces like this, please contact us at davewhit4@gmail.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment